TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST REQUIRED
Reporting to the CEO, the ideal Technology Specialist is passionate about creating accessible content and responsible for providing support to eBOUND publisher clients as they convert their content to digital formats, manage their digital assets, and send content and metadata to online retailers. The Technology Specialist works closely with our vendor partners, service providers, and eBOUND’s Sales and Marketing Specialist to respond to and anticipate our clients’ needs.
The responsibilities of the Technology Specialist in supporting this mandate falls into the following categories:
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
- Publisher support for Digital Asset Management and Content Distribution
- Train publisher clients on the use of the CoreSource digital asset management system
- Respond to publisher queries about digital content and metadata
- Handle metadata creation and distribution for clients as requested
- Liaise between publisher clients and ebook vendor partners to troubleshoot content and distribution issues
- Facilitate Print on Demand services as requested by clients
- Take a lead on special projects as needed
- Ebook Conversion Support
- Obtain estimates on ebook conversion for publishers from eBOUND’s conversion house partners
- Generate monthly conversion invoices
- Liaise between conversion houses and publishers during the QA testing process
- Update info in eBOUND’s content management system regarding correspondence, contracts, projects, tasks, contact and organization information
- Summarize and report on content ingestions and conversion activity for the quarterly Board report
- Contribute content to bi-weekly newsletter
- Create tutorials and resources for the eBOUND website
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Analytical problem-solver with attention to detail
- Experience using a digital asset or content management system
- Basic HTML and CSS skills
- Some understanding of ONIX metadata and familiarity with XML preferred
- Basic understanding of ebook production
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google apps (Sheets, Slides, Docs)
- Customer service experience is an asset
At eBOUND our mission is to enable independent Canadian publishers to engage in a digital world. We do this by providing digital services in the following three areas:
- Collective purchasing of digital services
- Collective licensing of ebook content
- Dissemination of market and technical intelligence
This position is currently a remote position (due to COVID-19) but when the risk drops this will be a blended position with some time required to be spent at our downtown office.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resumé by Feb 19, 2021.
eBOUND strives to be an inclusive and safe space for all, and to accurately reflect the diversity of the various publisher clients we serve. We strongly encourage expressions of interest from people who are members of marginalized and/or underserved/underrepresented communities, especially individuals who identify with: First Nations, Metis, or Inuit, or people of colour; diversegender and sexual identities (including LGBTQ2+); people living with dis/ability, etc. Please let us know if you need accommodation during the recruitment process. Preference will be given to those with post-secondary education.
Please submit your resume to Deborah_nelson@eboundcanada.org
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.