Responsive design has become the gold standard of web design. It is a flexible way to display websites and other HTML documents using specific CSS practices. By applying these strategies to ebooks, publishers can simplify their workflow with files that display optimally to the dimensions of each device’s screen size.
In this video, digital designer Champagne Choquer takes you through these essential responsive design topics:
- Intro to Responsive Design
- How to Implement Responsive Design
- Responsive Measurements: Percentages & Ems
- Media Queries for Responsive Design
- Strategies for Responsive Images & Graphics
- Device and Platform-Specific CSS
- Best Practices and Workflow Integration
Responsive Design Resources
We recommend that you take a close look at this handout that Champagne prepared for this presentation. It contains useful coding tidbits, an explanation of terms, as well as links to resources that you should know if you are looking to implement responsive design into your ebook production workflow.