ebookcraft 2019 planning is in full swing and the call for proposals is now open. We encourage professionals in North America and abroad to submit proposals on any current, insightful topics pertaining toebook development, dissemination, and discussion. In particular, proposals on the following topics are welcome:
- BIG ideas: What’s next for digital reading? Ebooks? Standards?
- AI & machine learning
- Designing for usability without compromising beauty
- Methods and best practices concerning digital archiving, especially link rot and future-proofing
- DIY scripting
- QA & testing
- Experiments and fails
- Audiobooks and non-text digital content
- Marketing your digital product with metadata and beyond
- Hands-on workshops working with code at both advanced and beginner levels
- Retailers and content distributors: We want to hear from you about your requests for publishers and developers
We are committed to hosting an inclusive event and are particularly interested in hearing from speakers who identify as female, BIPOC and/or LGBTQQIP2SAA+. We are happy to accommodate speakers of all abilities.
Speakers will be expected to submit crucial details (including a working session title and description, bio, and headshot) within two weeks of acceptance.
Proposals will be considered for workshops, presentations, and panel discussions. A typical time slot is 45-60 minutes for presentations and panels; workshops vary. Please include your time slot requirements in your proposal.
Tips for submitting your proposal
- Tell us about yourself: why would you be the best person to talk about this topic?
- Give us as much detail about your proposed presentation as possible.
- Remember that these are focused presentations, so it’s best to narrow your scope. Indicate the length of time you will need to present your ideas.
- Your presentation can be practical or theoretical, but make sure it contains practical take-aways for the audience.
- Sales pitches are strongly discouraged — ebookcraft is focused on education, debate, and skill-building rather than promoting particular tools or services. If you’re interested in advertising, please ask us about sponsorship opportunities.
Deadline for submissions
Please send proposals and suggestions to email@example.com by Oct. 10, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET. All submissions are considered by the ebookcraft committee. Successful candidates will be contacted with more information on presentation opportunities at ebookcraft 2019.
If you or your company is interesting in partnering with us to present ebookcraft 2019, please get in touch. Varying levels of support — in-kind and/or financial — are available and paired to your company’s objectives. Start the conversation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suggestions also welcome!
If you’re not a presenter but would still like to suggest a topic or speaker, please get in touch. After all, this conference is for you.
ebookcraft is organized by a steering committee of industry experts and is co-presented by BookNet Canada and eBOUND Canada and while we begin preparations for another year of collaboration and learning, feel free to watch videos from past ebookcraft events on BookNet Canada’s YouTube channel and check out our wrap-up blog post. We look forward to hosting you in 2019!